Thursday, March 01, 2007

Enough snow!

I picked up another 7.4 cm of snow in Charleswood since Wednesday evening.. bringing my total snowfall since Feb 20th to 28 cm. Snow has fallen on 8 of the past 10 days here in Winnipeg.. not a lot every day, but persistent and frequent enough to add up. Snowdepth at my location is now up to 51 cm.. the deepest snow cover I've measured here in Charleswood since I started keeping records in 1998. The previous deepest snow cover I recorded was 48 cm on Jan 2 2005 after back to back snowstorms dumped 41 cm on Winnipeg.

The good news is that it looks like we're finally going to get into a drier weather pattern over the next few days with no additional snowfall expected from Friday into early next week. A good chance to finally clean up some of this snowfall!

No comments:

Post a Comment